Welcome to Manix Ltd!
This Policy pertains to all data subjects, which include individuals or legal entities to whom PI is related ("you," "your"). We collect PI regardless of your location or workplace. This policy covers all PI, whether it was provided to us through our websites, our physical stores, loyalty program, or any other means of communication, such as email, telephone, or other channels, as well as through third parties or tools that gather PI.
Personal Identifiable Information (PII)
PII, or Personal Identifiable Information, as referred to in this policy, denotes any data relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (the data subject). An identifiable person is one who can be recognized, either directly or indirectly, primarily through an identifier like a name, identification number, location data, an online identifier, or one or more factors specific to the physical, psychological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural, or social identity of the individual.
What Personal Information do we collect?
To facilitate business transactions with you, we may collect your personal details, such as your name, contact information, including mobile number and email address, debit or credit card numbers in cases involving payments via bank cards (through third-party service providers), location data, online identifiers, and personal preferences.
In the case of our employees and fashion models, we may collect additional information related to an individual, including but not limited to gender, race, marital status, ethnic or social origin, age, disability (as required by labor laws), contact details such as email address, physical address, and telephone number, biometric information, and family/next of kin details.
- The PI we collect about you depends on:
- The specific transaction you are conducting.
- The purpose for your communication or interaction with us.
The channel used for communication with us. Your Personal Information may also include data you choose to share publicly, whether on social media platforms or customer forums. We may also collect basic information about your friends and family, personal interests, and online activities.
When do we collect your Personal Information?
We acquire information from you through three primary means:
- Information You Provide: When you interact with us, you may voluntarily provide information. This could occur when you send online inquiries, subscribe to newsletters, or consent to receive various communications from us. This may happen through our immediate online networks or third-party networks.
- Information We Collect: We may collect or receive information from you through various channels with your consent.
- Automated Tracking Mechanisms: Information may be derived through automated tracking mechanisms and technology.
Here are some instances of when we collect your information:
- When you voluntarily provide us with information.
- When you browse, visit, or participate in our various communication channels.
- When you register an online profile on our websites for purchasing goods.
- When you purchase, return, exchange, or inquire about products and services.
- When you agree to the terms and conditions of credit applications and other products and services that address the use or disclosure of your personal information.
- When you enter our promotional competitions.
- When you make general inquiries, lodge complaints, and communicate with us.
- When you apply for vacancies on our Careers portal or through emails.
- When you sign up with us as a fashion model.
- When we employ you as an employee or consultant.
Periodically, we collect your PI from trusted third parties. In such cases, we ensure that you have given consent for your PI to be disclosed to us. If consent is not provided, we will inform you about the personal information we are processing within the timeframe stipulated by law.
Our facilities are equipped with CCTV cameras for safety and security purposes.
We also collect your PI using cookies to understand how and when you use our websites and apps. Additionally, we collect information when you click on our advertisements displayed on other websites. It's important to note that we do not store sensitive personal information, such as mailing addresses or account passwords, in the cookies we use.
Cookies are small text files stored on your computer or mobile device when you use our services. They contain information such as the identity of the device used to access our channels, server addresses, domain names, the time and date of your visits to our channels, the pages, products, and documentation you access, as well as your internet browser.
We use this information to provide you with more personalized service, communication, and products. It helps us better understand your browsing and purchasing behavior, tracks and analyzes website visits and usage data, identifies product preferences and popularity, and enhances our websites to improve your online shopping experience. We employ trusted third-party services, including Google Analytics, to collect, monitor, and analyze user usage.
Your choices regarding cookies
How do we use and process your Personal Information?
We utilize your PI for the following purposes:
- Processing orders
- Delivering products and services
- Developing products and services
- Processing payments and communicating with you about your orders, products, services, and promotional offers
- Maintaining and updating our database and your accounts with us
- Providing a unique and targeted navigation experience
- Preventing, detecting fraud and abuse on our website
- Communicating with you about new product features, personalized products, services, offers, and events we believe may interest you
- Analyzing, developing, continuously improving, and enhancing the functionality and performance of our websites, apps, products, and services
- Ensuring the security of our sites, networks, and systems
- Complying with applicable laws, including our obligations to make disclosures to authorities, regulators, and government bodies
- Engaging in our legitimate business and related interests, such as operating as a fashion-value retailer
- Detecting and preventing fraud
- Entering into contracts with fashion models and executing the terms of such contracts
- Managing human resources
By completing an order or signing up with us, you agree to receive:
- Emails associated with finalizing your order, which may contain relevant offers from third parties.
- Emails requesting you to review Manix Ltd and your purchase.
When you sign up to receive marketing material, we may send you service review surveys, promotional emails, and SMS from Manix Ltd. Should you prefer not to receive this information or any commercial communications, you can opt to "Unsubscribe" at any time via the email or SMS, and we will promptly stop sending the aforementioned information.
Usage of Third-Party Services
Manix Ltd employs Google Analytics for the purpose of marketing and optimizing personal data. Furthermore, we utilize Google’s Digital Marketing Channels to propose tailored offers. Additionally, we harness the capabilities of various social media networks, including Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, Linked-In, Tiktok and Twitter, to suggest customized product offers and store locations to our valued customers. These data-driven processes are exclusively employed for online transactions and can be accessed by reaching out to Manix Ltd through the designated email address.
Safeguarding Your Personal Data
We have implemented reasonable safeguards and measures based on internationally recognized information security standards to protect your personal information in our possession. These measures are designed to mitigate the risks of misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, destruction, or loss of your data. Our comprehensive framework includes policies, procedures, and awareness training that covers data protection, confidentiality, and security. We are committed to taking additional precautions when handling particularly sensitive information, which may include categories of data classified as sensitive under applicable data protection laws. While we diligently work to secure your personal information, we cannot guarantee that it will be protected in every conceivable circumstance, especially those beyond our reasonable control.
Retention and Sharing of Your Personal Data
Manix Ltd pledges not to use your personal information for any purpose other than the one for which it was originally provided or collected. We may share your data as follows:
• Internal Sharing: Manix Ltd may engage in business transactions with affiliated parties, and on occasion, we may share your personal information within the company's structures. This information may be used for internal business and operational purposes, aligning with the initial collection purpose or subsequent authorization provided by you.
We will not share your personal information with third parties outside of Manix Ltd for marketing purposes without your explicit consent. However, we may share this information with our counterparties for the purposes disclosed to you at the time of providing the information, or as subsequently authorized by you, or as allowed by applicable laws. As part of our service provision, we may rely on third-party servers and databases co-located with hosting providers situated in foreign jurisdictions. This may entail the transfer of your personal data to computers or servers located outside of Kenya. In such cases, your personal data will only be transferred to another country after a careful evaluation, considering factors such as the presence of appropriate data protection safeguards during the transfer, assurance of an adequate level of protection in the destination country, approval by the Office of Data Protection Commissioner, or your explicit consent to such transfer.
We reserve the right to access, use, preserve, transfer, and disclose your personal information to our counterparties for the following purposes:
- Complying with applicable laws, regulations, or legal and regulatory processes, as deemed necessary or permissible by law, or when reasonably requested by a regulatory authority, including tax authorities.
- Detecting, preventing, or addressing fraud, security issues, breaches, or technical problems. This may involve allowing third parties, such as internet service providers, wireless service providers, and law enforcement agencies, to access and use your personal information for identification purposes. These actions may be taken without prior notice to you to the extent permitted by law.
As a data subject, you possess certain rights regarding the processing of your personal information, including the following: • The right to be informed of how we intend to use your personal data.
- The ability to request access to any personal information held about you by us, along with details of how your personal information is being processed.
- The right to object to or restrict the processing of your personal data, including profiling, especially when the processing is unlawful or no longer necessary.
- The option to have inaccurate personal data corrected or erased, ensuring that incomplete personal data is appropriately completed.
- The right to request the erasure of your personal data when the processing was not lawful, the data is no longer necessary for the original purpose, you withdraw consent (which served as the lawful basis for processing), erasure is required to comply with a legal obligation, processing was for direct marketing purposes, or you object to processing, and there is no overriding legitimate interest to continue processing.
- The right to receive your personal data in a format suitable for transmission to another data controller.
- The ability to object to the processing of your personal information for direct marketing.
- The right to object to any decision about you based solely on automated processing (including profiling) that has legal consequences or significantly affects you.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection supervisory authority if you believe that we are not complying with our obligations regarding the processing of your personal information. If you wish to exercise any of the rights listed above, please contact us via the designated email address.